MACOW Ξ Mandatory Access Control on Open Worlds
PDP Server Description
This distribution contains the PDP entity available on MACOW. This entity is a policy
decision point in charge of deciding if an access attempt is authorized or not. The distribution
contains the following files inside:
(1) \libs\ folder contains all the library dependences for the correct PDP server execution.
(2) \vocabulary\ contains the ontologies which has been “buffered” on the server in order to ensure
their “found” even in case that the server in which they are available is shutdown. It is worth
mentioning that this folder contain CIM ontology used on MACOW.
(3) and (4) There are config files for logging proposed. It just should be on the working directory.
(5) It is the file used to configure PDP server. This files enable to specify the following parameters:
| Parameter || Default Value ||Description |
| PDP_URL_IP || localhost ||This is useful in case the server has more that one IPs. This parameter will specify the IP in which the Service will be accessible. By default localhost. |
| PDP_URL_PORT || 9191 ||This is the port in which PDP Server will be available. |
| PIP_SERVICENAME || PIPServiceService ||Fixed |
| PIP_NAMESPACE || http://pip.macow.umu.org/ ||Fixed |
| PIP_URL || http://localhost:9000/PIPServiceService?wsdl ||This is the URL which PDP will used to find PIP server Web Service. Bold letters should be changed on production scenarios. |
| PDP_URL_SERVICENAME || PDPServiceService ||Fixed |
| SEMANTIC_RULES_PATH || ./rules.jena ||This is the path the semantic rules used to determine the MACOW behaviour. |
(6) This file contains all the semantic rules that will determine the MACOW behaviour. In
case you want to add some additional functionality on MACOW you could insert new semantic rules on this file.
(7) This is the PDP Server executable file. In order to wake up the service, user just should
do double click on this file or write the following line on CMD:
java –jar PDPServer.jar
Additionally, in case you do not want to show any uncomfortable log message, user can specify
the following two parameters in order to avoid log messages on screen.
java -Dpellet.configuration=file: pellet.properties -Dlog4j.configuration=file: log4j.properties –jar PDPServer.jar